Thursday 6 September 2012

Shiny Red Door


I was just admiring the lovely red door at the front of my house.  I have been becoming quite a nifty painter lately.

My door was already red but the colour was fading off and looking quite tatty, so I decided to give it a bit of a touch up and freshen it last week, and am pleased with every extra layer of paint I heavily laid on to it.  Now whenever anyone comes to visit, the door has a shiny welcoming glint to it.

They say the colour you choose for your front door depicts the personality of the occupants.  Being an Aries star sign, the red for me represents a nice warm fire shade of vibrancy, love and happiness, so I am immediately drawn to the colour. 

In Feng Shui, red is powerful, and having a red front door stands for prosperity, abundance, reputation and success.  A red front door is also known to provide full protection from anything negative pointing towards a house, by attracting good luck instead. 

For people in China, there is a long held tradition to paint your front door red just before the New Year, to invite happiness and fortune into the home throughout the year ahead. Whereas in Ireland, a red front door represents the warding off of ghosts and evil entities. 

Well who knows what this delectable and shiny red front door of mine will invite into my home and life?  Either way, I love the way it makes me feel and am proud of my handy work!

Happy shimmies :)

Nic 

No comments:

Post a Comment