I love it when I hear how uplifting, fun and inspiring dancing can be for people from allFor me, dance frees the spirit and takes me to a whole new level beyond words.
Whilst writing a recent article, I searched for inspiring dance quotes to support my ideas. I was surprised at what I found and thought I’d share a select few of the delights from the vast amount of quotes around. Granted, dance is not everyone’s cup of tea, but these quotes really made me think about how far I have come with my own dancing, where I want to be and the path I intend to follow in order to get there. Enjoy!
- “Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focussing on how far you have to go.” Mandy Hale
- “Dance is the hidden language of the soul.” - Martha Graham
- “By letting go, you get everything. The real winner is the one who lets go.” - Lao Tzu
- “The only thing we have to fear is of fear itself.” - Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The body is a sacred garment and the spine is the tree of life. Respect it!” - Martha Graham
- “Dance is spirit and energy. Our inner personalities always show while we dance. Be yourself, be free, enjoy what you do and share with pride.” - Nawarra Dancer
- “The body says what words cannot.” - Martha Graham
- “Opportunity dances with those who are ready for the dance floor.” - Jackson Browne
- “Dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening. And live like it’s heaven on earth.” - William W. Purkey
- “Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance when you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free.” - Rumi
- “Nobody cares if you can’t dance. Great dancers are great because of their passion.” - Martha Graham
- “Life is the dancer and you are the dance.” - Eckhart Tolle
- “To be creative means to be in love with life. You can only be creative if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.” – Osho
Now putting the spotlight on you... From dancing, writing and painting, to hiking, sewing, and baking; GO FORTH, do what ignites your spirit and makes you come alive. You never know, there may just be a group of others who feel just like you about your passion, and end up quoting about it to inspire people for lifetimes to come. It may even be you!