Monday 21 April 2014

Just saying…

I love it when I hear how uplifting, fun and inspiring dancing can be for people from all
walks of life.  For me, dance frees the spirit and takes me to a whole new level beyond words.

Whilst writing a recent article, I searched for inspiring dance quotes to support my ideas.  I was surprised at what I found and thought I’d share a select few of the delights from the vast amount of quotes around.  Granted, dance is not everyone’s cup of tea, but these quotes really made me think about how far I have come with my own dancing, where I want to be and the path I intend to follow in order to get there.  Enjoy!
  • “Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focussing on how far you have to go.” Mandy Hale
  • “Dance is the hidden language of the soul.” - Martha Graham
  • “By letting go, you get everything. The real winner is the one who lets go.” - Lao Tzu
  • “The only thing we have to fear is of fear itself.” - Franklin D. Roosevelt
  • “The body is a sacred garment and the spine is the tree of life. Respect it!” - Martha Graham
  • “Dance is spirit and energy. Our inner personalities always show while we dance. Be yourself, be free, enjoy what you do and share with pride.” - Nawarra Dancer
  • “The body says what words cannot.” - Martha Graham
  • “Opportunity dances with those who are ready for the dance floor.” - Jackson Browne
  • “Dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening. And live like it’s heaven on earth.” - William W. Purkey
  • “Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance when you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free.” - Rumi 
  • “Nobody cares if you can’t dance. Great dancers are great because of their passion.” - Martha Graham 
  • “Life is the dancer and you are the dance.” - Eckhart Tolle 
  • “To be creative means to be in love with life. You can only be creative if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.” – Osho

Now putting the spotlight on you... From dancing, writing and painting, to hiking, sewing, and baking; GO FORTH, do what ignites your spirit and makes you come alive.  You never know, there may just be a group of others who feel just like you about your passion, and end up quoting about it to inspire people for lifetimes to come. It may even be you!

Shimmy ON!

Nic 

No comments:

Post a Comment